We are in search of a Community Health Worker (CHW) Coordinator for our Harrisonburg site, tasked with enhancing our capacity to carry out a range of activities crucial for the expansion of La Casa de Salud (LCS) programs. This role involves engaging the Hispanic community through education, improving access, and delivering services in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner. The core objective is to develop an infrastructure aimed at mitigating COVID-19 disparities and establishing a groundwork for addressing similar or future health challenges.
• Update and enhance the Harrisonburg Resource Directory in collaboration with LCS Resource Line staff, focusing on local navigation resources.
• Engage and prepare Influential Messengers by educating them about LCS’s mission and their community role.
• Create communication materials specific to Harrisonburg, in sync with LCS Central Office. Seek out and engage in community events for direct service provision.
• Offer navigation services with culturally relevant materials.
• Conduct SDOH surveys to gauge community needs using PRAPARE.
• Strengthen ties with health departments and partners.
• Organize biweekly LCS team meetings for activity updates and perform other tasks as directed by LCS Central Office.
• CHW certificated and at least 2 years of experience.
• Fluent in both English and Spanish, with strong written and verbal communication skills in both languages
• Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Thrives in a multi-cultural environment
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of the Hispanic community’s cultural and health needs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Flexible part-time work (average 20 hours/week) Rate: $25
• Remote work opportunity
• One day/week in Richmond for team meetings
• Professional development opportunities
This is an independent contractor position for an initial six-month term, with potential renewal based on performance.